Obligee responsibilities (Party receiving support)

  • Inform the CSEA of any changes in your or the obligor's address, phone number, and/or employment status, etc. Address changes must also be reported to SMI One, 855-279-2744, if you receive your payments on the debit card. Change of Address form
  • Inform the CSEA of any of the following reasons an order should change, including but not limited to, the following:
    1. Emancipation of the child
    2. Death of any party (obligor, obligee or child)
    3. Permanent disability of the obligor
    4. Any party becomes incarcerated
    5. Child becomes eligible as a dependent of the obligor for income through Social Security or Veteran's Benefits
    6. The change of legal custody of the child(ren) or child(ren) no longer in the home.
  • Provide the CSEA with supporting documentation to complete the emancipation process
    1. Copy of high school diploma
    2. Withdrawal letter from school when the child reaches 18
    3. Proof of enlistment in the armed forces
    4. Court Orders showing change in legal custody or adoption of the child
    5. If home school/computer based school, provide proof it is an accredited high school
  • Enroll the child in health insurance plan if you are ordered to provide medical coverage for the child by the court/CSEA.
  • Provide the CSEA with all copies of Court/administrative orders which may affect your support order, including but not limited to, changes in custody or support order amount including orders from other counties or states.
  • Keep any and all records pertaining to your support order. If you lose/misplace the court orders, additional copies may cost you money to obtain.
  • When the CSEA requests you provide documents, you are required to submit them by the deadline stated in the child support notice.
  • Contact the CSEA to report any problems or issues on your support case. (i.e. arrears paid in full or spousal support obligation to end)