Income Withholding

There are several different ways the Hardin County CSEA can issue an IW. These include, but are not limited to:
  • If the Obligor is employed, the CSEA will issue the IW directly to the employer. The employer will deduct the payments from the Obligor's wages and send them directly to Ohio Child Support Payment Central (CSPC) in Columbus, Ohio.
  • CSEA also has the ability to issue an IW if the Obligor is receiving benefits from Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation (BWC), Ohio Bureau of Employment Services (OBES), and certain Social Security benefits.
  • If the Obligor is self-employed, CSEA can have support payments deducted from a bank account (checking or savings).
  • After payment is received, CSPC can take up to 2 business days to process it. After completion of the processing, funds will either be mailed, direct deposit via EFT (electronic funds transfer) or via SMI One VISA Card.
  • The employer is asked to send payments to CSPC as often as the obligor is paid. For example, the obligor is ordered to pay $200 per month in support including fees. The obligor is paying $2400 ($200 X 12 months) in support per year. The following formulas demonstrate the estimated amount withheld per check depending on the pay periods the employer uses.
Biweekly/26 pay periods: Yearly support/26 pay periods = Wage withheld per check
$2400/26 = $92.31 per paycheck

Twice per month/24 pay periods: Yearly support/24 pay periods = Wage withheld per check
$2400/24 = $100.00 per paycheck

Weekly/52 pay periods : Yearly support/52 pay periods = Wage withheld per check $2400/52 = $46.15 per paycheck

* An additional 2% fee will be added to the obligor's support obligation. This fee will be paid after the full monthly obligation is fulfilled. Some months these fees will not be paid depending on the frequency of payments and will carry over to arrearages owed. Fees are not withheld from OBES or Tax payments.